General Terms and
Conditions of Business, Payment and Delivery of the official Kassogtha online
store, operated by Kassogtha on www.kassogtha.com.
Section 1: Scope of application; definitions
- These General Terms and Conditions shall apply to all business relationships with our customers. The version of our General Terms and Conditions which is valid at the time of ordering shall be decisive. Any deviating customer terms and conditions shall require our written consent.
- The goods we offer are targeted to end consumers. A consumer within the meaning of these terms and conditions refers to any natural person who signs the agreement for a purpose that cannot be predominantly attributed to his/her commercial or independent professional activities. An entrepreneur within the meaning of these General Terms and Conditions refers to a natural person, legal entity or partnership with legal capacity acting within the bounds of his/her/its commercial or independent professional activities at the time the agreement is concluded.
Section 2: Conclusion of agreement
- The goods offered on our website do not represent the conclusion of an agreement but rather only a request that customers place an order. Orders placed by the customer represent a binding offer regardless of the medium used, whether it be written, oral, by telephone or via data transfer. The agreement for the delivery of goods shall commence at the time the item is shipped to the customer. Confirmation that the customer’s order has been received shall not constitute acceptance of the offer. The sole purpose of this confirmation is to provide information that the order has been received.
- We save the text of the agreement. The agreement shall be concluded in the offered language that you used to log in (English). The same shall also apply to further processing of the agreement.
Section 3: Delivery and costs
- Delivery shall be conducted pursuant to the agreement with the customer. The estimated delivery time shall be displayed for the customer on our website.
- Delivery times may vary according to availability and any delays resulting from postal delays. Please see the shipping information section for details.
- The item(s) ordered shall be delivered only while supplies last. The ability to deliver all products remains reserved.
- In cases of force majeure or operational or external disruptions of any kind (strike, lack of raw materials, delivery problems, etc.), the seller shall have the right to postpone, change or withdraw his/her obligation to make deliveries for the duration of the disruption.
- Costs for all deliveries shall be born by the customer. Delivery costs shall be displayed under “Shipping Information” and/or on our website.
- All costs pertaining to the order shall be displayed for the customer on the order overview page before the order has been finalized.
Section 4: Prices
- Prices for each customer shall be based on the prices defined in the individual agreement agreed with that customer.
- If prices have not been negotiated or the customer is unable to provide proof that prices have been agreed, the prices provided in the current catalogs and brochures or in the online shop shall apply.
- We do not currently charge VAT. VAT and customs fees may be charged on import, depending on the delivery destination.
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated in the catalog, prices refer to the depicted item in accordance with the description.
Section 5: Terms of payment
- We only deliver our goods against PayPal payment. We reserve the right to exclude certain payment options depending on the order amount and the customer’s credit standing.
- Payment shall not be considered final until the money has been paid and irrevocably credited to our account.
Section 6: Consumer’s right of withdrawal, exclusion of the right of withdrawal
- (1) As a consumer, the customer has the right of withdrawal. The prerequisites for this right and the legal effects thereof are as stated in the instructions on the right of withdrawal below.
Instructions on the
right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal:
You have the right to
withdraw this agreement within fourteen days without providing a reason for
The withdrawal period
will expire after 14 days on which you acquire, or a third party other than the
carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last item of
To exercise your
right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Kassogtha Online Store, Email: email@example.com)
of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement by
To meet the
withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication
concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal
period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from
this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you,
excluding the costs of delivery, without undue delay and in any event not later
than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to
withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the
same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have
expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a
result of such reimbursement.
You shall send back
or hand over the goods to us undue delay and in any event not later than 14
days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract
to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14
days has expired.
You will have to bear
the direct costs of returning the goods.
You are only liable
for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than
what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of
2. There shall be no
right of withdrawal if, among other things,
a) goods are
delivered that have not been prefabricated and are to be used to produce an
individual selection or for some other use determined by the consumer or have
clearly been customized;
b) the goods
delivered are sealed and cannot be returned for reasons of health safety or
hygiene if the seal has been broken;
c) the goods
delivered are sound or video recordings or computer software in sealed
packaging and the seal was broken after delivery or
d) services have been
provided in connection with recreational activities (e.g., concert or event
e) goods show defects
caused by the consumer and/or resulting from improper use. Any item that is
soiled and/or damaged cannot be exchanged and any returned items will be resent
back to the original delivery address. Soiled includes the excessive odor of
perfume and smoke.
Section 7 Warranties
- If the customer is a consumer, the legal warranty regulations shall apply.
- If the customer is an entrepreneur, the following warranty regulations shall apply for agreements involving the delivery of goods:
a. Defects shall be reported immediately upon receipt of the ordered items. Notice of defect shall no longer be permitted if the seller is no longer able to inspect the item claimed to be defective or the customer has failed to submit an immediate written notice of defect.
b. In cases of warranty, we shall either repair or replace the defective item at our own discretion. If the repairs or replacement item are not effective, the customer may either decide to resign from the agreement or demand a price reduction.
c. Claims for defects become time barred in one year following delivery of the ordered items. This also applies to claims for damages and reimbursement of expenses due to defects except in cases that can be attributed to violation of obligations involving willful intent or gross negligence, infringement of warranties or damage to life, limb or health.
Section 8: Liability
- We are liable for compensation for damages only in the cases described under a) through d) as follows:
a. unlimited in cases
involving damage to life, limb and/or health as well as damages caused by
willful intent or gross negligence;
b. for damage and/or
loss arising from failure to comply with any warranties issued in writing,
within the scope of your property interest, which is covered by the purpose of
the warranty and which was apparent to us upon your order;
c. liability for
damages involving violation of essential contractual obligations due to slight
negligence shall be limited to the scope of damage that we would typically
expect upon concluding the agreement based on the factors and conditions of
which we were aware at that time. Essential contractual obligations refer to
basic obligations that were decisive in your decision to conclude the
agreement, and compliance with which is to be expected;
- Any other liability for damages on our part shall be excluded, regardless of the cause in law.
- Claims for damages and reimbursement of expenses listed under para. 1 d) become time-barred within twelve months.
- Where our liability is excluded in accordance with these terms and conditions, the same shall apply to the liability of our corporate bodies and vicarious agents, particularly to that of our employees.
Section 9: Transport damage
If the customer
identifies damage to the packaging upon delivery, the customer must confirm the
damage in writing upon accepting the goods from the transport company or
immediately send us a written notification that the customer is accepting the
goods with reservations due to the damaged packaging. We must be immediately
notified in writing of any transport damage that is not identified until the goods
have been unpacked. Notice of defect shall no longer be permitted if the seller
is no longer able to inspect the item claimed to be defective or the customer
has failed to submit an immediate written notice of defect by the specified
Reservation of title
- We reserve ownership of all delivered goods until payment has been received in full. The customer shall be under the obligation to immediately notify us of any change to his/her place of residence/business residence if payment for delivered items is still pending or if the goods have not yet been delivered. The customer shall not have the right to pawn the goods or assign them as security for debt.
- The customer shall notify us immediately regarding any third-party access to products and accounts receivable still belonging to us.
- The customer shall bear the costs of all measures that we judge reasonable in order to prevent such access; this shall particularly apply to costs for intervention processes.
- Processing or alteration of the goods purchased by the buyer shall always be performed on our behalf. If the goods purchased are processed together with other items not belonging to us, we shall assume co-ownership of the new item in the proportion of the value of the goods purchased to the value of the processed items at the time they are processed.
Section 11: Data privacy
- We collect, process and save all personal information provided by you exclusively in accordance with the provisions specified by Swiss data privacy laws.
Section 12: Identity of the supplier, contact
The web shop operator is
authorized to represent the company: Mortimer Baud & Stéphanie Huguenin
Notices of defect may be submitted by email to:
Section 13: Final provisions
- Swiss law shall apply to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- If individual provisions specified in these General Terms and Conditions are or become invalid, the validity of the remaining contractual provisions shall remain unaffected thereby.
- We can only accept complete orders with correct address data. Fragmentary or faulty orders will not be processed.
- All offers are non-binding and without obligation. While we make every effort to ensure that the contents of our Web site are as accurate and faithful as possible, we cannot accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for their accuracy, completeness, freedom from error or up-to-dateness.
- Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may restrict access to some parts or all of this Website.
- Discount codes – We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website. Only one promotional discount code can be applied to an order.